- Quilt Show: Friday, October 13 and Saturday,
October 14, 2017
- John S. Knight Center, 77 E. Mill Street, Akron,
- All entrants will receive one free ticket to the
show when they drop off their submissions. (One ticket per person, not per
entry). Please use a separate form for each entry.
- A quilt is defined as a covering or wall hanging
with three layers: top, bottom, and center batting that is quilted through all
layers. Art quilts may not have to meet this requirement.
- Quilts must have been made after January 1, 2014
to be judged. Quilts made prior to 2014 may be entered but are ineligible
- Larger quilts may be folded to accommodate
display area. The integrity of your quilt will remain intact. Entries must be
clean, odor-free, and in excellent condition. Please remove stray threads and
any pet hair. Mutton Hill reserves the right to refuse any entry that doesn’t
- Entry fees are non-refundable; should the
entrant decide after entering to withdraw, the entry fee will be forfeited.
- Mutton Hill reserves the right to refuse, and
assumes no liability for, entries that require special handling. Quilts must be
able to be folded and stacked and should not contain fragile embellishments, or
special hanging apparatus.
- Entries will be accepted until the limit of 300
entries is reached.
- If your quilt has a label with your name, please
cover the label[s] before you drop off your item/s. No sleeve is required.
- Unless entered for exhibit only, judged entries will
be reviewed on a competitive system and ribbons for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and
Honorable Mention will be awarded at the judges’ discretion. A written
evaluation will be returned for each judged item.
- Ribbons will also be awarded for Best in Show,
Best Mutton Hill Challenge Quilt, and Judges' Choices. The Best in Show winner
will receive $500. Judge’s Choice winners will received $250. Blue ribbon
winners will receive a free membership to the Summit County Historical Society.
All entrants will receive a Participant ribbon.
Quilt drop-off instructions
- Drop-off will be Friday, September 29th between
10 AM and 12 PM and 4-6 PM and Saturday, September 30th between 10 AM and
noon. Each entrant will receive notification by email with drop off
location and address. Entrants without email will receive theirs by regular
mail. The quilt pick up receipt and entry ticket will be distributed at quilt
drop off unless entry is mailed.
*If your quilt is entered in a different show during our quilt intake days, we will accommodate you.
Quilt drop offs for Guild Quilts
- Each area Guild may submit one quilt to
represent their group, to appear in the show, non-judged, and hung in a special
display area, free of entry fee. A submission form is due by August 15.
Quilts that will be mailed in to the show and not dropped off:
- Mail your entry in care of Summit County Historical Society, 550 Copley Rd.,
Akron OH 44320. Each entry must be enclosed in a plastic bag and placed
in sturdy shipping box that is appropriate to the size of the entry. No dress
boxes, tube boxes, or packing pellets will be accepted.The Summit County Historical Society will email entrants when their quilts are received. Mail in quilts
should be postmarked no later than September 29th. Mail-in quilts will be
returned in their original box.
In person Pickup Instructions:
- All items must be picked up on Saturday, October 14 at the John S. Knight
Convention Center according to the time on the pick up receipt that you
received at drop off. Entrants with multiple items to pick up should come at
the latest time for their items so they can get all your items at one time. No
item will be released without its registration receipt.